About Me

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of drudgery, it was the age of ruthlessness, it was the era of single lady clowns, it was the era of sexy time, there were seasons of Kardashians , seasons of Teen Mom, it was the spring of killer tans, it was the winter of vitamin D deficiency, we had All- American before us, we had dead fucking last before us, we were all going directly to Heaven, some were going directly the other way, this period is unlike any before it, even the crankiest grandmas and emo-est teens, could agree, for good or for evil, this is the pinnacle, it all goes down from here.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

the Many Dilfs of D. Daggins

Some things grow better with age. No, I'm not talking about the block of cheese that Wednesday Addams has left in our fridge since the beginning of school, I'm referring to Hollywood's aging A list men. I have my own, (almost mutually exclusive) list of my favorite Dads I'd Like to...

5. Clint Eastwood--NOT 78 year old Clint Eastwood from Gran Torino (though he was oddly attractive). This is 53 year old Dirty Harry from Sudden Impact. I would have loved to be around in 1979 for him to "Go ahead, make my day"

4. Pierce Brosnan--Though it is impossible for anyone to Hold a candle to the suave, sexy, sophisticated Sean Connery in Goldfinger or even in Darby O'Gill and the Little People, Brosnan comes close. He even belted out the songs like a pro in Mama Mia!

3. Paul Newman--Yes, my partner and I wholly agree on the sexual lure of the ghost of Paul Newman.

2. Johnny Depp--How could I not be turned on by the versatility of Sweeny Todd/Edward Scissorhands/Gay Pirate/Michael Jackson-esque-version-of-Willy-Wonka?

1. Robert Downey Jr.--What do I say? I'll let the two Oscar nominations and his ability to play both black AND white speak for themselves

No comments:

Post a Comment